March 12, 2009

"Holi"

On March 10th and 11th people all over India celebrated one of the biggest Hindu festivals, “Holi”. Beside religious procedures old and young throw water bombs and colors at each other and enjoy to totally get messed up.
Due to the fact that the holidays were close to the weekend many students went home and thus there were only few people in the school.
Unfortunately the first 1 ½ days nothing happened, except for a few water bombs that were thrown at us. But because the kids kept telling me that they were celebrating “Holi” soon and seemed to be absolutely excited about it, I was quite eager to see what it was actually about.
Later Wednesday afternoon I finally got my price and ended up totally soaked and covered in colors. Forgetting everything we just threw water and powder or even colored water at each other and enjoyed it for one to two hours.

2 comments:

Shaukat Hafez said...

Hello Avilaben Kemchho?

It was wonderful to see you in Navsari along with the staff and pupils. The farewell ceremony for the Indiability 09 group was well organised with drum beating and gave a great send off to the group. I think we had very positive feedback, as all group leaders did well.

The school has gained a great deal from your presence according to Nileshbhai and I think they want your continuous contact after you return to germany.

All the best
Shaukat

Avila S. M. said...

The time in India was a great experience for me and I do also think the group left a very good impression.. Thus the kids will be looking forward to see the next group.
I am thinking about going back as well and hope to be able to make it soon. Anyway I will be definitely stay in contact.

Maybe we will meet eachother in England soon,

all the best to you as well,

Avila