December 20, 2008

Attraction and joy

The constant changes between the two schools give me a good relieve in teaching because the students start each time with new energy and enthusiasm. They seem to be so happy to have me here and to learn totally new things, to have new equipment and games and to get to know them, that my teaching is combined with even more joy. Watching the photos in the evenings encourages me in doing the right thing and having made the right decision to come here.
Meanwhile we are working with several different tools and all of them are also very attractive to people working here or passing by and thus I usually have a few more “students”. It is great to see how people of all age groups are working together and learning the same things. – But because my activities are so attractive to all the kids I’m sometimes having several classes together, meaning 30-40 students for me and free time for the other teacher if he likes, but I suppose that is part of India – be flexible and learn to handle new situations, many things don’t go their strict way.

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

It must be satisfying to know that your students like your teaching. You feel then like you're in the right place! Wishing you a very merry Christmas in India - mayb you can teach them some things about Christmas :)
Jeannette